Parents may be eligible for up to $350 towards school expenses.
The Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS) is to assist low-income families with secondary schooling costs for students in Years 7 to 12 who hold:
- A Centrelink Health Care Card
- (or) A Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- (or) A Veteran’s Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
It is made up of 2 allowances:
- the Education Program Allowance (EPA) paid directly to the school
- the Clothing Allowance (CLA) paid to the applicant or the school.
The concession card must:
- be valid for at least 4 weeks
- be valid for some time within Term 1 (31 January 2022 to 8 April 2022)
- have the student listed on it
- not be expired at the time of applying for SAS.